Call for Workshop Proposals
Affective Computing aims at the study and development of systems and devices that use emotion, in particular in human computer and human robot interaction. It is an interdisciplinary field spanning computer science, psychology, and cognitive science. At the biennial gathering of the Association for the Advancement Of Affective Computing’s (AAAC) Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction Conference (ACII), workshops that touch upon all aspects of affective computing are traditionally hosted. Examples include, Emotions in Games, Affective Brain Computer Interfaces, and Affective Touch.
We particularly invite workshop proposals with an interdisciplinary character evidenced by the organization committee. Further, we encourage workshops that link to the special theme of this year: inclusive technology, inclusive design principles and inclusive user interfaces which “consider the full range of human diversity with respect to ability, language, culture, gender, age and other forms of human difference. Workshops should focus on a central question / research field, and not be too broad so that they are in effect “mini ACII conferences”. Further, we encourage workshop organizers to allow for considerable time for discussion and convergence, in addition to a solid set of papers. Proceedings for workshop papers will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore. Workshop submission dates follow the dates as indicated at the ACII 2019 website (and at the bottom of this call). Mandatory this year will be a short workshop report to be presented at the main conference to allow dissemination of the workshop outcomes to a wider public.
Send your workshop proposal to both Joost Broekens and Ginevra Castellano. Please use the following format: max 2 A-4, use 10 or 11 point font size, with the following structure:
- Organizers and affiliations, and Workshop contact person
- Extended abstract making the scientific case for the workshop (why, why now, why at ACII, expected outcomes, impact)
- Advertisement (e.g. lists, conferences etc…, and website hosting (where))
- List of tentative and confirmed PC members (mention this status per PC member)
- Expected number of submissions, planned acceptance rate, and paper length, review process
- Tentative/confirmed keynote speaker(s)
- Length of the workshop (day or half-day)
- List of related and previous workshops/conferences
- Your publication plan (e.g., Special Issue, whether contact was made with the publisher already)
Proposals are sent no later than the mentioned deadline below to both workshop chairs of which email addresses are mentioned above. Proposals will be dealt with in a confidential manner and acceptance is decided by the ACII 2019 Workshop Chairs and ACII 2019 SPC. Decisions about acceptance are final.
Feb 12, 2019: Workshop proposal submission deadline
- Feb 19, 2019: Workshop proposal submission deadline
- March 12, 2019: Workshop proposal acceptance notification
- May (TBD by workshop organisers), 2019: Workshop paper submission deadline
- June (TBD by workshop organisers), 2019: Workshop paper notification
- July 12, 2019: Camera Ready Papers Due (same as main conference)
- September 3, 2019: Date of workshops
Please forward any questions about workshop proposals to the workshop chairs: Joost Broekens and Ginevra Castellano.